IBM has released this entry level program for home users. While this product does not give you the functionality of its full IBM Voicetype Dictation product, it does give you an idea of how the full version works.
Simply Speaking gives you a 64,000 word vocabulary. 22,000 words come predefined, and you may add another 42,000 words. It allows you to dictate inside of it's own wordprocessor, and overall is a good trial product.
Highlights of Simply Speaking:
Our package is missing the CD-ROM but includes the microphone.
- Includes a terrific lightweight microphone, which includes a built-in speaker. Full reversable, for right and left handed users, and folds flat for easy carrying.
- High accuracy speech recognition software
- Speaker independence... anyone can walk up and use the product without any voice training
- Adapts to the way you speak ... when the computer mis-recognizes a word, and you correct it, the computer will get it right every time in the future
- Initial recognition accuracy above 90%, and will approach 100% with use
- Faster than typing. Achieve 70-100 words per minute
- Comes with a base vocabulary of 22,000 words with a personal expansion of an additional 42,000 words
- Includes a fun product tutorial.
- Plus you can dictate without looking at the computer - Use eyes free, hands free!