GigaMem is a software package which provides virtual memory for
Amiga Systems that have Memory Management Units (MMU) and a hard drive.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- GigaMem needs an Amiga System with a working Memory Management Unit (MMU), which is available on most accelerator cards (e.g., A2620, A2630) or in the Amiga 3000 and Amiga 4000
- It does not work with the 68000, 68020 without 68851 (MMU), 680EC20 (can only address 16 MB of RAM), nor 680EC30 (MMU-less version of 68030), as all of them do not come with a built-in MMU
- To be able to swap the content of the virtual memory, GigaMem needs a reliable medium. In most terms, this is a hard drive. The more space is available on this hard drive, the more virtual memory you can obtain with GigaMem
- At least 100K of (real) RAM are required. The more RAM you have, the faster GigaMem will work
- Amiga DOS Version 2.04 or higher is recommended
- Amiga DOS Version 1.2 and 1.3 are supported
None. GigaMem installs on a hard drive using the standard Commodore Installer program.